Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is a great RPG with character development and storyline depth?

I'm recently getting into RPGs and I find that I'm unsatisfied at the moment and need a greater fix.... I want a game that has a very deep storyline, lots of gameplay time (200-500 hours... or more!!!) and a balanced and deep character development system. I don't give a flying fart about customizing the looks of my character... it's ok if that aspect is lacking. I just want gameplay! Also not opposed to games that are somewhat older, so long as they can still be reasonably played on a modern console (I'm not going to install Windows 98 or some such to play a really old game).



My favorite games to date were Dragon Age Origins and Morrowind...What is a great RPG with character development and storyline depth?
If you want something with this amount of playtime your only real options (short of an MMO - Lord of the Rings Online has a well written storyline) are Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas (however I found each of them somewhat lacking in the depth of the story).



Excellent story at about 40 hrs each is found at The Witcher 1 %26amp; 2.



Risen, Gothic 1 - 3 also have a solid story and very good character development but I really can't remember how much time you can sink into them - considering I played them each at least three times (for there are three factions you can join each with their own 'class' they unlock) my estimate is around 20 to 30 hours, peaking at maybe 40 if you include the Gothic 2 expansion 'Night of the Raven'.
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is great. It has hundreds of hours of gameplay and a very good storyline. You can pick it up for very cheap prices, even game of the year edition. If you like the Elder Scrolls series you should get Skyrim as well. It comes out 11.11.11, it is a sequel to Oblivion but the stories are not linked in anyway so if you can't get Oblivion don't make it stop you form buying Skyrim.What is a great RPG with character development and storyline depth?
Fallout New Vegas is a great game and deal. I have been playing the game for about three weeks and like the last one, it has its glitches like the game freezing and characters that get stuck in the walls but unlike the previous version, I did not have to fork out $60 for it!! If you like the last Fallout, glitches and all, then you'll love this one at this great price.
Since you liked Dragon Age, you might consider checking out the Mass Effect series, they are quite similar. You might also want to check out Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and the new one Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim (not out till 11/11/11).What is a great RPG with character development and storyline depth?
fallout 3 and new vegas is great.

I spent over 500 hours on fallout 3.

Im leveled up to 30.

Very good game and from the makers of oblivion.
Oblivion Elder Scrolls will hold you until Skyrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment