Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dragons Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2?

I can get one or the other for $20. Not both, because I have other expenses to pay for. I like both Space Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and I love both Shooter-style games and RPGs equally. I haven't played Mass Effect 1, but Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon. I feel Dragon Age would be something a bit more "undying" as a replicated sequel won't be coming out soon.



I love both genres equally, but which game would provide a better story? Longer hours of gameplay? I just want to choose one or the other because I need something to occupy myself with after I move and have nothing else to do. I'm mostly looking for a game that would eat up more time. Thanks.Dragons Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2?
I think Mass Effect 2 is better than Dragon Age, but I would advice you not to get Mass Effect 2 before playing the original Mass Effect. You can't start a trilogy with the second act. It will be confusing and you will ruin the experience for yourself.

Dragon Age is also a good game. It's a traditional RPG and this genre is indeed dying. Even Dragon Age II is a huge departure from the traditional RPG.

Dragon Age Origins took me 40 hours on normal difficulty with few sidequests and no DLC. My most recent ME2 playthrough took me a little over 30 hours on hardcore difficulty with all sidequests and all DLC. A normal ME2 playthrough should be a little over 20 hours.

The Mass Effect series has a better storyline (which is why you shouldn't start with ME2). Dragon Age Origins has a very generic fantasy storyline with clich茅 characters. The only intriguing characters are Shale (DLC) and the dog. The other characters are meh. If you can get over that, then that's fine.Dragons Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2?
DA is definitely longer and has a much richer story and characters. You are looking at 50-60 hours of game play if you are thorough. The only things ME2 really does better is graphics and combat. I also don't think you would enjoy ME2 as much without playing the first one. I played them out of order and I had to constantly go look things up to figure out what was going on. Considering that your choices carry through the whole series it's best to start at the beginning.Dragons Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2?
I'd get mass effect 2 if your thinking about getting mass effect 3 but I'd get dragon age if you aren't trying for 3
well they are both amazing, but if you want a better story and longer hours i would choose Dragon age origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment