Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion a good game ?

I've so many conflicting things about it! Also, I know next to nothing about it. I do like RPGs, like Dragon Age, for example. So, would like Oblivion? What do you do in it?? Should I wait for November, when the new Elder Scrolls comes out? I saw gameplay of that one, and it looked gorgeous! Anyway, opinions? Should I buy Oblivion? Oh! I should also probably mention I would be playing it on my PS3, so no mods.Is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion a good game ?
I think the most enjoyable thing about it is just immersing yourself into its open, living world and exploring its depths at your own leisure. The world is very fleshed out with a lot of interesting history.

The story isn't quite as strong as e.g. in Dragon Age, so if you play RPGs mostly for the story you might not enjoy Oblivion so much, however you have more freedom to play the game just how you like. You won't have a party of characters with you but will be travelling the world solo most of the time.

The combat system in the game is quite good, really hands-on. You can also play the game stealthily, sneaking past your enemies or surprising them with sneak attacks.

Bottom line is you probably would like it and should give it a go. It's dirt cheap now anyways.

On a side note I think Morrowind, the 3rd one in the series, is even better than Oblivion, however you can't find that for the PS3 so it might not be an option.Is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion a good game ?
Oblivion is a great game. It's a little "crippled" on the PS3 compared to the PC though...not just because of mods, but the consoles can't handle the graphics and performance that a PC can.



Oblivion is a very versatile game. It is the best free-roam game I have encountered. U can choose to do whatever quests u want to do (or do none and just explore). U have a lot of flexibility in creating your character...both visually and statistically.



U can choose how to develop your character. For example u can boost skills in magic if u like that aspect of the game...or u can go heavy on melee if u are a fighter. U can become a "good guy" and be the hero type...or u can be a sneaky type and be a thief. And u can be a sort of Robin Hood type thief too. U can be an evil character and rob and kill, even be a vampire if u want.



I think u would probably like Oblvion. And since it's very inexpensive now, it would be a good game to enjoy before Skyrim is released in November.Is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion a good game ?
Yes ull like it. Basicially like ny other rpg but more on the popular side now. Kinda like fallout just in medevil times... awesome gm
It's on my top ten games of all time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment