Saturday, March 10, 2012

My PS3 tends to 'freeze' at certain parts in certain games. What do I do?

I have purchased (several years ago. Probably about....3), a refurbished Playstation 3. Since my time of purchase it has been working JUST fine. I have ONLY played PS3 games on this console. I do not have any image files/music files/videos/downloaded games on it. I have only played things such as Dragon Age: Origins, Rock Band, Resident Evil 5, Soul Caliber 4, Saw, and Silent Hill: Homecoming. These are the -only- games I own for this console. The version of this playstation 3 doesn't play any other discs BUT ps3 games and DVD's.



Recently I have been having trouble with it, but only with my games "Soul Caliber 4" and "Dragon Age: Origins". My problems are as follows.



When playing Dragon Age: Origins, whenever I reach a certain part in the storyline/plot with a certain file (or any file for that matter), it will "freeze" on the map screen while loading, or at any loading screen, and stay that way for up to 30 minutes before I am forced to turn my system off. I have checked, and the data is not corrupted.



When playing Soul Calibur 4, my Playstation will freeze randomly, and remain so until I turn it off/on again, and even then it's not guaranteed it won't happen a second time.



Other games such as Saw, Rock Band, %26amp; etc do not seem to be having this problem, but I am getting rather tired of playing games that are in BRAND NEW condition with no smudges/scratches, that have over 9 hours or more of gameplay time, and having to start a -new- file each time this happens, because the others simply do not load.



As I have stated above, the games are brand new, without scratches or smudges, and my Playstation itself hasn't been tampered with, to my knowledge, and has worked fine while playing other games up until this point of having played both Dragon Age: Origins, and Soul Calibur 4 (the only games that freeze up).



The warranty has expired on it long ago, or if I can recall, it didn't COME with one since it's used.

It was purchased legitimately at an EB Games outlet in a strip mall close to where I live.



Do you know what the problem is or what I can do?

Is it time to put this refurbished lemon to sleep and replace with a shiny new one?My PS3 tends to 'freeze' at certain parts in certain games. What do I do?
A lot of the time freezes like you described are the fault of bugs in the game rather than any problem with the console itself.



Make sure the system firmware for the PS3 is up to date and the game has received any patch that has come out for it (as long as your system is online when you start the game up, it'll update it automatically), and you'll lessen the chances of it happening - but as is the nature, there's always a chance of it happening.My PS3 tends to 'freeze' at certain parts in certain games. What do I do?
sometimes you can tell when it's about to happen and i try not to make any sudden moves and let the system "catch up" or click through menus too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment