Saturday, March 10, 2012

My computer is lagging a little on some newer games, show me where I'm lacking! Specs included :) :)?

Hey guys, this is my mans account but he said I could use it to ask you all a friendly question :) I just upgraded to windows 7 and Im using a screen resolution of 1920x1200. Im playing dragon age and borderlands. I can play dragon age full 1920 and its *slightly* choppy, not enough to hamper game play but I like things smooth. I had to turn the resolution down on borderlands so its got a black box around the outside of my screen in order to not be choppy.... I know some of you guys have crazy $4k machines, Im not looking to go all ultra elite like that, that being said I think we have a *decent* system, but its a year old and Im sure could use an upgrade, Im thinking more memory but Id like your suggestions before I put down hard earned cash on an upgrade that might not help me. This is the system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3015 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.58 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.57 GB

Page File Space 4.00 GB



NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB







I have 2 more memory slots, I was thinking of buying 2 more 2 gig memory cards and boosting it up to 8 gigs... is that the right move or is something else my main problem? I know the video card isn't exactly 'top of the line' by this moments standards but (at least I think) its still beast enough to handle todays games, tell me if Im wrong though hehe.... Thanks in advance guys ;) *kisses* PS - yes Im closing out all progs I dont need open during gameplay like firefox and apps and stuff ;)My computer is lagging a little on some newer games, show me where I'm lacking! Specs included :) :)?
This is your problem:

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB



I recommend upgrading your graphics card, try a Radeon graphics card with at least 1GB dedicated video memory. I have 2 Radeon 5970 but if that is a little to expensive choose a less expensive one maybe anything between 5700-5900My computer is lagging a little on some newer games, show me where I'm lacking! Specs included :) :)?
That's a pretty decent video card. The resolution is ok. Try making adjustments on the following features for the video settings in the game. The first is Anti-Aliasing. Anti-Aliasing basically adjust the details on images. It tried to prevent you from seeing the jagged edges of CGI based graphics. A good setting is 2x or 4x...anything high could tax the card a bit. Next thing to check is Video Sync. Video Sync trys to adjust the speed of the card so that what you see on screen is what the card is rocessing at the exact same time with lil to no delay. Some cards can't keep up and will be out of sync. Try turning it off.



If you motherboard supports 2 cards SLI mode will give you plenty of power at higher resolutions.

You ran should be ok, processor speed is ok...and you have a good amount of ram. 8GB of ram would be a good start...but won't really solve your problem.



The 9500 is a mid-raged card. if you want to consider a new card...the 9800 or higher with the same amount of ram would be a better choiseMy computer is lagging a little on some newer games, show me where I'm lacking! Specs included :) :)?
most pc games are not compatible with widows 7 because i want to play fallout 3 on a desktop and i need to buy a new one it says that it is only compatible with xp or vista, r those games compatible with windows 7?
get two 5970s

No comments:

Post a Comment